NO NEED TO CANCEL CLASS!!!
Contact the Career Development Center and arrange for a Career Counselor to come to your class and talk about any number of topics:
- Resume and letter writing
- Interview preparation
- Preparing for application to graduate and professional schools
- Career decision making
- Career options for majors of your choice
FEEL FREE TO REFER STUDENTS IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE
If you would like to refer any of your students to our office for individual career counseling assistance, please REFER A STUDENT. Please be sure to indicate the student's name and contact information, and one of our professional Career Counselors will reach out to him/her to arrange a mutually convenient meeting time.
The following is a list of services that the Career Development Center offers to students and alumni:
- Individual Career Counseling and Guidance Appointments
- Computerized Guidance Software ( Focus II)
- Vocational Testing (Strong Interest & Skills, Myers Briggs)
- Resume Writing / Content and Design
- Job Search Letter Writing / Styles and Techniques
- Interviewing Skills and Strategies
- Mock Interview Video Taping **by appointment only**
- Access to On-Line Internship and Employment Postings (User Name and Password protected - the student MUST attend an Activation Meeting to acquire their personalized account)
- CDC Internship Programs
- On-Campus Recruiting; Fall and Spring Programs
- Annual On-Campus Career Fairs held in October, November, January, February, March, April
- Annual Graduate and Professional School Fair held in October
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING A "LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION"
Information useful to those asked to write a LETTER OF REFERENCE for a student, including guidelines and information about our electronic Credentials File Service.