School of Public Affairs and Administration (20-40)
The School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) at Rutgers-Newark educates and motivates students to choose careers in public service and administration through its innovative and comprehensive BA, Masters of Public Administration (MPA), and Executive MPA, PhD and professional and graduate certificate programs.
The school's faculty generates knowledge and best practices in public service and administration, and collaborates with public and non-profit sector organizations and professionals throughout the U.S. and the world. Guided by the principles of knowledge, competence, diversity, and service - with an emphasis on public service values and competencies for effective performance - SPAA promotes accountability, transparency, and performance in the public and non-profit sectors.
U.S. News and World Report ranks Rutgers SPAA in Newark:
- 7th nationally in Public Administration/Management;
- 4th nationally in Information and Technology Management;
- 10th nationally in Public Financing and Budgeting;
- 11th nationally in City Management and Urban Policy;
- 18th nationally in NonProfit Management;
- 23rd nationally in Public Affairs;
- 24th nationally in Policy Analysis
For more information please visit: