Here is a list of the 10 websites I chose to review. I decided to review websites on one of my favorite bands, PHISH. Here are the links and the reviews.
- Phish.net The site is visually pleasing and certain graphics have an appealing nature. The content is very informative and the site itself is easy to navigate through. It offers a menu bar at the top of the screen so you no longer have to scroll all the way to the bottom. The text and bg mesh well together. It is a FUPPBUPP site (for us phish phans by us phish phans)
- Andrew Gadiel's Phish Page The white bg with the blue text was a good choice. It makes reading and evaluating the site easier. The site was informative as well, but it seemed to be too crammed. The guy who made this site should have spaced it out more. It too was easy to navigate through. Overall a decent site, but it could have used more images to "spruce" it up
- Elektra's Phish Page I like how they used the cd cover of the newest cd, Farmhouse, as the bg for the page. This site offers a complete discography of all 11 Phish cd's. I thought that was nice since I never knew that they had 11 albums. However, it is slow bringing up links, and my comp. froze twice trying to bring up a spotlight on Farmhouse link.
- Chris Charapata's Phish Phactory This site is basically the same as Andrew's as far as spacing, bg, text, and info are concerned. Perhaps this guy pays more attention to the recent media hype around Phish. I was ammused by the animated Gif of the swimming Phish symbol.
- Nancy Mariano's Phish Page Ah, the first crappy site. The image on the homepage is poorly scanned and of low quality. The frame is also to big to fit the entire screen so you have to scroll down to see the rest of the image (Phish symbol). Actually, many more of the images are of low quality, but she redeems herself with good quality pix of the band. Her text is somewhat confusing as it almost blends in certain areas with the background. She may want to try using brighter text. She's a big fan of Andy's because he's her first link.
- Official Website Well, obviously this is going to be a pretty good site. Nice animated Gifs, text and bg work well together, and the links(many) all worked fine. Incredibly informative (maybe a little too much info I didn't need but read anyway)
- Uncle Penn's Phish Stickers First thing I saw on the site was that damn punch the monkey banner. TOTAL TURNOFF. I was immediately disinterested. BUT, I persevered. The text and bg cooperate with one another. There wasn't much as far as links went. I don't know how profitable this gentleman is considering he only sells about 8 different stickers and photographs.
- WallofSound This site is part of the Go network, so ask you can imagine the have some pros working on it. It has a good detailed menu list of options ranging from news to chats to videos. The content lacks in that it makes to many comparisons to the Grateful Dead. Just because the following is somewhat similar doesn't mean that the music of two terrific bands should be compared and contrasted against one another.
- Phish Audio Recording & Transfer Policy Really simple site actually. It is not meant to be creative or really appealing. It details the do's and don'ts of taping concerts. The text and bg are fine and quite legible.
- Phish.org Another simple plain site. Nice mis of bg(black) with text(purple and white). Options are clear.
It was interesting to read different perspectives of a band that has one of the greatest musical cult followings ever. My first concert is this September and I hope to enjoy it.