Eighteenth-Century Chronology: 1786
This page in the Eighteenth-Century Chronology is
maintained by Jack
Lynch. Please send suggestions and corrections to email@example.com.
- Robert Burns publishes Poems, Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect.
- William Beckford publishes Vathek.
- John Boydell's Shakespeare Gallery exhibits pictures of actors
performing in Shakespeare's plays through 1787
Science, Technology, & Medicine
- Ezekial Reed of America invents the nail-making machine
Politics & Law
- Shays's Rebellion, Massachusetts, December 1786-January 1787
- Death of John Stanley, composer
- Two French mountaineers, Jacques Balmat and Michel-Gabriel Paccard,
are the first to scale Mont Blanc.
<-- * Index *