Literary Resources Theatre and Drama
This page is part of the Literary Resources collection maintained by Jack Lynch of Rutgers Newark. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Theatre and Drama
Period-specific resources appear under the appropriate pages Renaissance drama, for example, appears on the Renaissance page. But more general resources appear here.
- Voice of the Shuttle Drama and Theater Studies
- The best set of links.
- Antonin Artaud
- Miscellaneous information on the playwright and theatre theorist.
- Drama Education: The Global Perspective (Western Australia)
- "Designed to assist teachers, pre-service teachers and students in Drama and Theatre Arts. It will also assist anyone who wants to use Drama as a teaching strategy." A thorough and bustling site.
- "An on-line index to plays in collections, anthologies and periodicals." Very handy.
- McCoy's Guide to Theatre and Performance Studies (Stetson)
- Very extensive and scholarly annotated guide to electronic theatre resources.
- Theatre and Drama resources, WWW Virtual Library (Barry Russell)
- Very extensive meta-site on world theatre. An excellent starting point.
Drama by Country
- American Drama (Univ. of Cincinnati)
- On-line journal. Bad color choices make the menu hard to read.
- Calendrier des spectacles sous Louis XIV, 1659-1715 (Barry Russell)
- An in-progress catalogue of all performances theatre, opera, ballet in Louisquatorzean France. Very impressive.
- Jack Wolcott's Theatre History on the Web
- A big set of links and other resources for the history of the theatre. Well done.
- Théâtrales (André G. Bourassa and Barry Russell, Univ. de Québec à Montréal)
- A very scholarly collection of resources on French theatre throughout its history. "Une collection de textes et d'hypertextes en français sur le théâtre." In French.
- Offentliche Vergnugungen in Berlin/1848
- A day-by-day catalogue of theatrical performances in Berlin.
- UK Theatre Web
- Playbill On Line
- Extensive information on current productions.
This page, part of the larger collection of literary resources, is maintained by Jack Lynch.