Topeka, Ks

Name: Tulora Roeckers
Email: roeckers@ksu.edu
Yr. web site: www.ksu.edu/english/touchstone
City: State: Topeka, Ks

I heard about or connected to your page via: last year's editor-in-chief
of Touchstone
I spent most of my time with your: Perosnal story and computer downloads
Put an X to the left of  all that apply.

_X_Computer Materials. E.g.,
___Lesbigay Issues. E.g., http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/lbg.html
_X_Poetry Resources. E.g.,
___Religious Resources. E.g.,
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html

Other:

Please comment:

Dearest, dearest Louie,

I hail from Kansas, the land where "pastors" can stand on street corners
and proclaim that "God hates fags" without remorse.  But please let me
assure you that the majority of folks from here, including myself, have
honked for (and buy lunch for, when we can afford it :) every protester
that can take time out of their life to stand against these people
haters -- but it is a difficult battle since these people are basically
in a cult from the time they are born. They have many children in
training to carry on the legacy of hatred.  It is a truly horrible
situation.  And understand how difficult it is as a parent trying to
teach your child acceptance when we see his or her friend from class
holding these picket signs!!!

But I am so sorry for venting when I really mean to praise you for your
candor. It is just really frustrating for a lot of us in Kansas.  But I
want to thank you for taking the risk of revealing how "normal" your
relationship with your husband is.  Regardless of the gender involved,
there are stages to marriage that one goes through and it is important
to let people know about those commonalities.  We are people regardless
of preference.  So, simply put, thank you for not only being you but
for being willing to be on display :)  You really are helping simply by
not hiding who you are!!!!

Sincerely,
TS Roeckers