Detroit, MI

Please put the next four responses on the same line with the prompts.

Name: John Kavanaugh
Email:  johnkavanaugh1@yahoo.com
Yr. web site:  Not applicable
City: State:  Detroit, Michigan

I heard about or connected to your page via:  Jim Toy
I spent most of my time with your: Addresses of Episcopal Bishops.

___Computer Materials. E.g.,
___Lesbigay Issues. E.g.,
___Poetry Resources. E.g.,
___Religious Resources. E.g.,
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html

Other:
  I Googled your name in order to check your address.  It is the same
as the one I had.  Only the e-mail address was changed from what I
had and that only slightly.

Please comment:  I wanted to send you a copy of a letter and three
page essay that I sent to the Roman Catholic bishops.  I think you
will find it amusing.  Maybe even interesting.  One of the bishops
gave me addresses for two of the other bishops he felt might like to
see it.

After Columbus [I went there to pass it out, but the bishops had two
huge hotels attached to the Convention Center so that they did not
have to brave we hordes.] I mailed the first two pages along with a
couple of pages bemoaning clergy who act like businessmen and
politicians hiding from their customers and constituents; as well as
a reply to Canterbury's diatribe against the Episcopal Church.
I began noting that the Episcopal Church has returned to the earliest
Church--the Johannine--and ended asking whether it was time to send
missionaries to England.

Bishop Spong sent me a note addressed to The Reverend John
Kavanaugh.  Bishop McGehee sent one addressed to The Almost Reverend
John Kavanaugh.  As you can guess, McGehee knows me better.

I am thinking about "doing" the Orthodox bishops [In the U. S. of
course.] next.  I'll probably tailor it along the lines of what I've
done "to(?)" the Romans.

I've also written a book, "Welcome to the Gay Age."  I would like to
send you a copy gratis as a thank you for all your own work.  If you
feel a need to pay something, I would suggest eighteen bucks to
Integrity.  I won't wait for a reply.  I'll just send it on.

"Gay Age..." is a good fit for your own life.  I deal with
Interracial Love as a separate sexual phenomenon that also fits into
the other categories like a human jig saw .

The Epilogue was written for a workshop at Detroit's NABWMT
Convention in 1991.  The workshop was done in conjunction with an
Episcopal Priest who has a Lesbian daughter.  The priest had made the
statement that marriage was for the church to decide as to whether to
give it to "those knocking on the church doors."  When the workshop
was over the good priest said to me:  "You knock hard!"

I don't know if I ever mentioned it to you before, Louie, but it is
your's and Ernest's relationship that I love.  It is you the couple
that I find beautiful.  By yourself, you are a nice person who has
written some good stuff.  With Ernest, you-together are a reflection
of what human can be!  I feel I can see your's and Ernest's love for
each other in the twinkle in your eyes; in the lightness in your
voice.

I'm afraid I'm not a very faithful friend.  I get involved in this or
that project and seem to forget everybody else.  Not intentionally.
Absent mindedly!

Blessings and be bad,

John