Lee University, Cleveland, TN

Re: Gay "Christians"

Sir,

I am in no way a "gay basher" any more than i dislike any other sin. Also,
i am in no way trying to be condesending on your person, just some of your
ideas. To say the least i am completly horrified at the fact that you have
come to such conclusions concering this matter. There are no scriptures
anywhere in the Bible that could possibly alude the the conclusion that
one can be considered a gay christian. True, Christians are not perfect;
we do have our temptations. But to say that one is gay is to be
attribbuting themselves to that life-style. As well as to claim to be a
Christian is to attribute oneself to that of being Christ-like, thus the
name Christian. Therfore one cannot be both. Christ Himself said so in
Luke 16:13, "a man cannot serve two masters, either he clings to the one
and despises the other, or he loves the one and hates the other." There is
a major difference that is noted all thoughout the Bible that being temped
in sin is one thing while living in sin and accepting it's hold on your
life is something totaly different. Christ's love extends to all people
reguardless of what they have done or are being tempted with. However,
there is a real concequence for living in sin, and the Bible makes it
clear on what sin is, which includes homosexuality. In Lev. 18:12 "male
shall not lie with male as he does with a female, it is an abomination." I
Chorinthians 6:9-12 "Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit
God's kingdom: Do not  be decieved: no sexually immoral people, idolaters,
adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, theves, greedy people,
drunkards, revilers, or swindlers will inherit God's kingdom." But thank
God for the saveing grace of Christ Jesus who can and will wash away all
unrightousness if we will but turn away from our sin and resist the devil.
Jesus loves the homosexuals and wants them to turn from their sin just as
much as He loves the idoloters. So sir i would strongly suggest you to
reconsider your stand on what God thinks about such things. I will be
praying for you to understand what i am trying to show you. i love you but
not nearly as much as Jesus loves both of us as well as the whole world.

In Him,
an ambassador for Christ