Tuscaloosa, AL

Entry Form

Please copy into an email message, fill it out, and mail to
lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu

Please put the next four responses on the same line with the prompts.

Name: William R. McBride
Email: wmcbride@dbtech.net
Yr. web site: 2009
City: State:   Tuscaloosa, Alabama

I heard about or connected to your page via: Google Search for Louie
Crew

I spent most of my time with your: The Whole Show:  Poetry, prose and
personal data

___Computer Materials. E.g.,
___Lesbigay Issues. E.g.,
X___Poetry Resources. E.g.,
___Religious Resources. E.g.,
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html

Other:

Please comment:
 OK, I admit that there is a fine line between admiration and cyber
stalking and I'll leave you alone.  Since I e-mailed you that
40-years late-thank you for teaching me in 1969 at The University of
Alabama, I have been reading everything on your site to try and fill
in the blanks for the last 40 years-thus the guest book entry.  From
someone who was at University Presbyterian Church for the anti-war
gatherings and marched to Denny Chimes, I found "Confederate
Celebration" from Sunspots most enjoyable, particularly section III.
The form of the poem reminded me of another debt I owe to Louie Crew
that I did not mention in my first e-mail -when you brought John
Beecher to our class to read from To Live and Die in Dixie.    I
still have my autographed copy and still use "The Better Sort of
People" in my class.  So thank you again.