Dublin, Ohio

Name: David Johnson
Email: djohnson43@att.net
City: State: Dublin, Ohio

I heard about or connected to your page via:

___Computer Materials. E.g.,
___Lesbigay Issues. E.g.,
___Poetry Resources. E.g.,
___Religious Resources. E.g.,
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html

Other:

Please comment:

Why the decrease in membership?  During the 1960-70's, many of the
anti-war movement flocked to the seminaries to avoid the Viet Nam
draft.  After graduation they began their careers within the
Episcopal Church and over the past 40+ years, these individuals have
become part the ruling hierarchy of the Episcopal Church.  These
same individuals have been infusing their extremist liberal views of
the 60's and 70's into the church or thse past 40 years.  Believing
that most Americans are liberal in their views, it should now be
painfully obvious we are not.  Explain away as they must, the fact
is, people are leaving the Episcopal Church because it has abandoned
the faith and it's leaders and their philosophies have become
redundant and irrelevant relics of the past.  When TEC finally closes
the doors at 815, perhaps then, the anguish within the
Anglican Commuion will end.   The mantra of the Episcopal church
sounds much like the Outback Steakhouse commercial; "no rules, just
right."  And that's exactly what's killing the Episcopal Church; no
rules.