Portland, Oregon

Name: Jane Brackett
Email:  janebrackett@comcast.net
Yr. web site:
City: State:  Portland, Oregon

I heard about or connected to your page via:

___Computer Materials. E.g.,
_X_Lesbigay Issues. E.g.,
___Poetry Resources. E.g.,
_x_Religious Resources. E.g.,
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your Growing up gay in
Dixie article. I am from Rome, Ga and also attended Darlington School
(class of '75--second graduating class with girls). While I was not
out to myself at that point, there was an obvious need for those who
were gay to remain as closeted as possible. I am about to respond to
a survey for Darlington and was looking for an article involving the
minister who was fired by the school  for his relatively open views
on homosexuality. I am now living in Portland with my partner of
15yrs and our two children. We are "out" and happy in a welcoming
community, however, I am constantly home sick for the south and even
with so much room for improvement, it's my home.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Best wishes to you and your family--

Regards,

Jane Brackett