Grand Rapid, MI 49506

Please copy into an email message, fill it out, and mail to
lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu

Please put the next four responses on the same line with the prompts.

Name: gregory koprowicz
Email: gkoprowicz@gmail.com
Yr. web site:
City: State: Grand Rapids, MI 49506

I heard about or connected to your page via:

___Computer Materials. E.g.,
___Lesbigay Issues. E.g.,
___Poetry Resources. E.g.,
___Religious Resources. E.g.,
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html

Other: I googled 'poetry electronic submissions' and got lucky

Please comment:
It was surprising and reassuring to read your comments about vanity
press publishing. I'm 65 years old and began writing ten years ago -
no formal training. Over time I began to understand I was writing and
growing, exploring self and the world around me, working through
issues and the leftovers of Vietnam. As my writing improved I was
dismayed by what seemed to be a narrow spectrum of options for
submission. And they would cost me money for someone else to read. I
had developed viewpoints, maybe even a voice, and felt I had
something to say...but to have to pay someone to 'listen' seemed
wrong. I look forward to going through your extensive list.

It was reading a poem by Dorianne Laux that made me realize I could
probably write. From there it was Milosz and Merwin, Diane Ackerman,
John Koethe, Komunyakaa, and Pound and Borges and Japanese Death
Poems and back to Dante and Virgil mixed with Carolyn Forche and
Zbiegnew Herbert and a host of others. I'm totally and irrevocably
hooked. I haunt bookstores...and I love it. Writing (and reading) has
helped me come to grips and work through some of the issues with my
PTSD. And it is the insights derived from experiences like this that
discourage when I see submission guidelines that specify ages: 18-24,
under 40...I didn't even begin to understand this life of ours until
I was 40.

Anyway, thank you for the gift of time and effort that you've put
forth here. I'll try to make good use of the list.
Respectfully,
           gk