RE: BBC interview with ++KJS

++KJS's comment is an accurate description of the current position of TEC --
the result of B033 -- not a new speech act making those things happen, nor
an endorsement of the status quo.   ++KJS does not have the power to reverse
B033.  General Convention does.

I admit that B033 passed only because she pled for it within hours of her
own election as PB.  Had Griswold, still the PB at the moment, plead without
her, the HoD would not likely have reversed its vote.  But that was 2006.
Much has happened since then, and much more will happen between now and GC
2009 in Anaheim.

Our House of Bishops has already sent notice from New Orleans that current
moratoria are up for review in 2009. ++KJS said in the BBC interview quite
forcefully that she hopes the Communion can get off our back and embrace
Anglican comprehensiveness. If the GAFFE COM meeting draws big numbers away
from Lambeth 08 altogether, there may well be more chance of that happening.

The support for lgbts is growing steadily in both Houses.  It is 2008 but
flack from the Bishop of London makes it sound like it is 1208.  Most
thinking people do not welcome the current retreat to the Dark Ages.

++KJS is a scientist, not a Joan of Arc.  Watch the twinkle in her eyes.
She's a long distance runner with a steady, non-anxious pulse.