RE: [HoB/D] Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin

> None of this has much to do with the subject of sexual activity
> and what may  be embraced and sanctified and what may not.

I have not for a moment tried to shut down discussion of what sexual
activity may be embraced and sanctified.

I narrowly focused my complaint to say stop using the phrase "Love the
sinner; hate the sin."  Obviously I have no authority to force people to
stop, but I will be disappointed if people knowingly choose to offend.  It
requires very little imagination to find non volatile ways to make the same
point.

When you discuss sexual sin, I urge you to speak from the authority of your
own sexual sin, rather than presume to have knowledge of, or authority over,
mine.

There is a fool-proof way to learn to love lgbt persons whom you find
offensive:  Go to the most broken lgbt person in your own community --
someone who is self-loathing, someone who has been deeply wounded by
physical and/or psychological abuse, someone who has been abandoned by
family -- and love that person as a member of your own family, as if your
own mother or father, son or daughter, brother or sister.  Don't share with
that person how offensive you find the person to be; leave judgment to God.
Judge only yourself as to how well you embody God's love of that person.
Kill the fatted calf.  Serve veal scaloppini.

"May the Lord who has given you the will to do these things give you the
grace and power to perform them."

Louie, Newark deputation