TEC Humor from my ghetto

Enjoy Quean Betty Butterfield's whining about TEC at
http://www.bohnsplace.com/betty_butterfield/Betty%20Butterfield%20-%20EPISCOPALIANS.mov

In the mid-1970s I was working in tiny Fort Valley, Georgia in the Diocese
of Atlanta. Shortly after founding Integrity I wrote to The Rev. Tom
Bowers, then rector of St. Luke's in Atlanta (later rector of St. Bart's
in NYC), asking him to let me meet with the diocesan task force on social
issues, which he chaired. After several weeks with no answer, I wrote him
again suggesting that it was important for the task force to meet with me.
I said that if they would not, I would arrange to have a Greyhound load of
transvestites to come from NYC to attend his nationally televised Sunday
services.

Tom replied that he was remiss in not having written sooner, that he had
put my letter in the wrong stack. Yes indeed the task force would be
delighted to meet with me, and he suggested alternative dates. "And,
Louie," he added, "Please do send that Greyhound load of transvestites.
They are not only welcome; they will improve our ratings!"

What a hoot! God made our funny bones. They atrophy without use!

Alas, Tom had called my bluff and I could not deliver. But do invite Betty
and her friends to your own parish.

Louie, a.k.a. Quean Lutibelle of the Alabama Belles
L1 Newark 09
Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12d, East Orange, NJ 07018.
973-395-1068