Re: [LS] Term Limits?

> Furthermore, from a national perspective there is a healthy influx of new
> deputies in each cycle (if I recall Louie's statistical reports
> correctly).

Percent New:

1997: 39%
2000: 43.9%
2003: 42.3%
2006: 45%
2009: 36.6%  (of the 85 dioceses who have already elected)

See these and other statistics as they evolve at
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/deputations2009.html#stats

2009 will be my 6th and final GC as a deputy.  I attended only 2 earlier
ones as a lobbyist.  For the first 14 years of Integrity, I purposely stayed
away from GC, aware that others in the organization could make a strong
statement there.  I wanted to be grounded fully in Integrity lest I be
suckered into thinking that GC bestowed any kind of legitimacy on us.  We
bring the church to the church, not the other way round.  It is too easy to
fall into the trap of thinking we are banging at the door to be let in.
Christ has already let us in and wants us to spread the good news that God
loves absolutely everybody.

I do not intend to stand for re-election.  I rejoice that scores of very
qualified people are ready and willing to take the torch.