Re: GAFCON Response to Evangelical English Bishops.

  • Subject: Re: GAFCON Response to Evangelical English Bishops.
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:51:33 -0500 (EST)

> Dear Louie:  I guess I am out of the loop a bit.  What is the GAFCON
> epistle. I regret my ignorance but I am ready to do battle. +******

Here is a direct link to the GAFCON epistle:

  http://www.anglican-nig.org/main.php?k_j=12&d=156&p_t=index.php

It is a letter from several African primates to evangelical bishops in
England explaining why they won't come to Lambeth 08.

I am saddened that they won't come.  On the other hand, folks in the Diocese
of Virginia have told me that their diocesan conventions are much more
pleasant now that the disruptors "have left."  It is important to keep the
porch light on* for all who "depart," but perhaps less important to insist
that the family be fully present for all of every meal.

TEC found out the hard way what happened when we chose send our members with
seat, voice, and vote to the Nottingham of the ACC.  In their absence, the
primates on the ACC pushed for even more power for themselves.

Best wishes.

L.

Thanks to Barbara Crafton for this powerful image.  See
http://www.geraniumfarm.org/dailyemo.cfm?Emo=691