Re: Lesbian priest says she wants license to minister in ND

  • Subject: Re: Lesbian priest says she wants license to minister in ND
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:01:48 -0400 (EDT)

I know Gayle Baldwin and respect her immensely. She heads the Religion
Department at the University of ND. She has visited Newark repeatedly
to do major research into the community's [non] response to the
murder of Sakia Gunn, a 15-year-old lesbian killed in cold blood at our
major interection downtown a few years back. Judy Baldwin (no relation) was
then vicar at House of Prayer and shared her pulpit with Gayle on
several occasions.

I have no doubt that the bishop has canonical license to bully her in
this matter, but he has no such license as a Christian. I grieve that
Gayle must yet take up her cross another time.

Louie
Good Friday, 2008