Re: [LS] Civil Marriage/Prayer Book Blessing... Why not marriage?

Ernest and I used the BCP (1928, the only one current in 1974) and have been
much blesed by the fearsome pledges we made back then, and continue to make.

Anyone too dumb to know how to italicize a few more pronouns would probably
be happier in another denomination.

The church marries no one.  The couple do.  The church merely solemnizes (or
refuses to solemnize)  what the couple do.  We are not the ones who have
been living in sin while the Church delays.

"Marry" itself is a metaphor.  When literal, it's what a carpenter does in
joining to planks.