RE: [HoB/D] Albany: "We CAN discriminate"

> would they) sponsor candidates to attend seminaries such as TESM or Nashotah?

In the Diocese of Newark, seminarians choose their own seminaries.  Our
diocese does not sponsor anyone or pay for anyone's seminary education.

> If the candidate in question were a celibate gay man, and upheld this same
> standard of chastity in singleness and fidelity in marriage, I highly suspect
> his discernment process would have proceeded.

As in the case of Jeffrey John?

The shoddy abuse of celibate Jeffrey John at the highest levels of authority
in our Communion puts the onus on anyone to prove it when suggesting that
celibate gays are welcome into priesthood. I just don't believe it.  I have
never seen that welcome happen.

How welcome would priests be in the Diocese of Tennessee if they said in a
sermon, "When my wife and I were in Israel last summer, we noticed....."?

How welcome would a priest be if he said in a sermon, "When I was in Israel
last summer as a celibate gay man with several gay friends, we noticed...."?