Akinola links his attack on Polygamists to his anti-lgbt stance

Archbishop Peter J. Akinola has broken his long silence regarding the
increasing practice of polygamy in Nigeria. Last week Akinola
called for an Anglican ban on polygamy in Nigeria.

"'Those of us who are in the forefront of the prophetic call for a
return to Biblical truth, cannot close our eyes to the increasingly
blatant disregard for the teaching of the Bible on family life,'
Archbishop Peter Akinola stressed.

"He warned that any attempt to trivialise the Bible's teaching on
monogamy as the ultimate standard for the Christian family 'will make
a mockery of whatever else we stand for.

"'Sadly, sometimes, even our leadership has looked the other way on
this matter'."

See the article at
http://thepmnews.com/2008/05/05/anglican-church-bans-polygamy?version=print

Can anyone point me to a place in scripture that bans polygamy?

Does Islam have any such ban? Will banning polygamy give Islam an
edge in competing for converts?

Jeremy Weate, a blog writer asks: "[w]hat happens to the 2nd/3rd/4th
etc wives of Nigerian Anglican men now? Perhaps someone should set up
an ngo"
http://naijablog.blogspot.com/2008/05/anglican-ban-on-polygamy-in-nigeria.ht
ml

How fine if Anglican Relief and Development and ERD could find
common cause in helping them.

Louie, Newark L1

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, E. Orange, NJ 07018 973-395-1068
http://www.gracechurchinnewark.org/ Home of "America the Beautiful"