[epdionwk] "Turning Away from Jesus: Gay Rights and the War for the Episcopal Church" by Garret Keizer in HARPERS, June 2008, 39-50

I received my copy today of "Turning Away from Jesus: Gay Rights and the
War for the Episcopal Church" by Garret Keizer in HARPERS, June 2008,
39-50. I need to read it at least two more times before I'm ready to say
much about it, if then. It certainly has given me much to think about.

Some of you are quoted. I treasure especially the way he hurls a spotlight
on Kendall Harmon in the act of ministering to a gay couple in crisis; the
domestic question that African Anglicans whisper the most fervently when
contemplating +Gene and Mark; the response when he asks +Henry Orombi what
he likes most about being Anglican; the pieces that make it through as his
phone connection to Davis Mac-Iyalia is repeatedly broken and
re-established .......

Have any of you read it yet, and are you ready to say much about it?

Louie, Newark L1

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12d, East Orange, NJ 07018.
973-395-1068
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew

P.S. HARPER'S subscribers can access the full article online at
http://www.harpers.org/archive/2008/06/0082061