Re: [LS] Whack a Mole Management

God's spirit moves through the world and inspires.  Sometimes religious
institutions counterstate God's spirit, or claim exclusive rights to it.
Yet when institutions finally "get it," they stick around for generations
-- until the last leper is healed or the last illiterate can
read.

As a young person, I said, "Institutions? No damn good.  Individuals?  Ah,
yes."  As an old man I work hard to keep the religious institutions viable,
as places where the texts are still read in communities, as places where
sharp young skeptics can encounter them.  The institution provides
music and art a community, not just a gallery, in which we encounter them.

I struggle with religion; I do not struggle with faith.  I have abundant
faith, not as my gift to God but as God's gift to me......

-- From "Emmanuel Sigauke Interviews Louie Crew," just published at
http://munyori.com/Louiecrew.html.  Munyori Poetry Journal is published in
Ghana and publishes mainly from the global south.