The Sudan appeal to Bishop Robinson to resign:

  • Subject: The Sudan appeal to Bishop Robinson to resign:
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:50:31 -0400 (EDT)

> The Sudan statement is making waves -- see http://episcopalcafe.com/lead.

I met +Daniel Deng in February 2006 while in Uganda to meet with all
Sudanese bishops.  He's definitely one of the brightest and best trained
thinkers there, and I rejoiced when they elected him archbishop. They made a
good choice.

I appreciate the motive behind his strong appeal for +Gene to resign.
However, it's a bit like asking Jesus not to hang out in Samaria and his
followers not to have anything with Gentiles so that Judaism can remain
unified.

I told Deng's predecessor that a secular American prophet said each of us has
only 15 minutes of fame, or attention.   I urge those in the Sudan to let
their allies in fundamentalist protestantism to make their case about lgbts.
> From TEC the Sudan needs our love and our money.   We will continue to try
to give it as the need is so great. It is easier to open the hearts of
compassion if you don't use a big chunk of your 15 minutes shaming the one
who wants to help you.