Re: resolution about paying apportionment to national church

  • Subject: Re: resolution about paying apportionment to national church
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:04:43 -0400 (EDT)

> Can you tell me what I  would need to do or give me a sample
> resolution to submit to the diocese

Resolved, amend Article I, Section 5 of the Constitution:

The vote on all questions which come before the House of Deputies shall be
governed by the following provisions, supplemented by such procedural
provisions as the House of Deputies may adopt in its Rules of Order.

[The new part begins here, including the section heading]

Eligibility:

All certified deputies are entitled to seat and voice.  Deputies are
entitled to vote and to be counted when determining a majority or a quorum
only when the deputies' diocese has contributed to the General Convention
Budget the portion of its income requested multiplied by the percent
canonical expenses constitute of the General Convention budget.

------ end of draft

Thanks for your interest.

Dallas requires its parishes to pay up or lose a vote, but refuses to pay up
to TEC and argues that it would be unfair for it to lose its votes.  Go
figure.  Hypocrisy one of thy names is "Diocese of Dallas."