Re: [HoB/D] A way to reconciliation

******, is the Diocese of Dallas slapping in the face those congregations
whom it won't allow to vote when the congregations don't pay the diocesan
assessments?

I am having a hard time seeing what appears to be one set of standards the
Diocese of Dallas holds about its own debts and a contradictory set of
standards it holds for its debtors.  Please show me that is not true.

Does the Diocese of Dallas have a conscience clause that exempts from
payment those who conscientiously dissent from the official position of
the diocese?  Do they get to keep their vote?

What has your diocese done to engage those with whom it disagrees?    When
your dissenting parishes like St. Thomas' have invited Bishop Robinson and
other gay leaders to speak, has your diocesan leadership encouraged the
community to attend and make up their own minds?

I am asking here about institutional responses.  I appreciate your personal
commitment to remain engaged across our divisions.  I respect you personally
and value our exchanges on-list and off-list.

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew<http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/%7Elcrew>