RE: [HoB/D] Whose interpretation?

> To hide behind the statement that "GC hasn't authorized official rites"
> is disingenuous; the fact is that TEC allows individual diocese to
> celebrate them. Let's at least be honest and not try to pretend that
> when the Primates or whoever ask us not to authorize same-sex
> blessings that we are somehow in compliance with that request.  It's
> just playing with words.

Thank you for making a strong point in favor of TEC's authorizing official
rites.  If it's just six of one and half a dozen of the other, as you
suggest, I would much prefer official rites to liturgical caprice.

If the re-asserters are committed to punish TEC either way, why not go on
and bless those whom God has joined together?

The church never marries anyone:  the couple do that themselves.  The
church only blesses or refuses to bless.

Marriage is an outward and visible sign of an inward and invisible grace.

Marriage is never about a couple's worthiness, but about God's generosity,
and in selective instances, about the church's generosity.

I met my husband-to-be 35 years ago this weekend, at the Lucky Street YMCA
in Atlanta. We courted for five months and then married in February.

At the time we married, I did not know another lgbt couple, not one.  I
did know Jesus, and I did know Ernest, and I did know myself.  I knew what
the fearsome pledges in the BCP meant when we made them in the presence of
the one guest, the Holy Spirit.

Since we didn't know you and since you were only 4 years old when we met,
you will understand why we did not wait for your approval.  Nor are we
being recalcitrant when we neglect to start all over each time an objector
gets old enough to vote.

God has blessed us full measure, pressed down and running over.  God loves
you and your spouse just as much.

I have found that when I shut off compassion and generosity in one part of
my life, spiritual poison spreads to other parts of my life.

More for the church itself than for you or for us, I hope the church will
not be as stingy with you and your spouse as it remains toward all lgbts.

Joy anyway!