RE: [HoB/D] B033.....still not talking about the elephant

XXX XXXXXX wrote:

> I think you're forgetting about the Convenant which at least some
> think will give the AC the stick it doesn't currently have. If there
> is widespread acceptance of the Covenant, and we then choose to
> decline, I think you'll see a much bigger schism in this church as
> pro-Covenant diocese try to peel themselves off. We could easily
> snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by deciding to say to the AC in
> our own way "We have no need of you."

The elephant in the living room is wide-spread Anglican disgust and
rejection towards queers.

The movement for a covenant is driven for many by the feeling that "Unless
TEC, UCC et al. restrict homosexuals as we do, we have no need of TEC,
UCC....."

TEC very much needs the Anglican Communion, but at the cost of selling our
soul?!

I am amazed by Anglican talent to mask meanness as godliness, so much so
that many can participate in the meanness without even recognizing it as
such.

http://queereye4lectionary.blogspot.com/ Queer Eye for the Lectionary

                    Neighbor

Our neighbor's a fag and bakes good cakes,
     as parents are careful to warn children.
But he's just an undertaker,
     so there ain't much way
he could harm no living thing.

He even married wunts,
     to a widow schoolteacher;
but their maid let out
     how the two lived in separate parts
of the house right from the beginning,
     and the teacher, being sickly,
conveniently upped and died real soon.

I think those boys were wrong to beat him up
     when he wrote the paper about Anita.
A little sugar in his gas tank
     or a few discreet breathing calls
oughta been enough to keep him scared
     to make another public move.

We ain't got nothin gainst queers, really,
     long's they don't do nothin or tell nobody.
We never have let the Baptists
     tell us how to run our lives.

                  -- Louie Crew (1978)

Published:

Gruene Street March 1997. An online journal.

Journal of Gay & Lesbian Social Services 7.3 (1997):  106-107.

Parva Sed Apta 2007 http://parvasedapta.com/07/poetry/crew2.htm.

Rural Gays and Lesbians.  An anthology edited by James D. Smith and Ronald
Mancoske.  NY:  Harrington Park Press, 1997.  106-107.