Playing smoke and mirrors with God

> Members of the International Concerns Committee of Executive Council
> voiced their concern about the elimination of the 0.7% line item from the
> forthcoming triennium budget. If it does not directly reappear, we have
> asked that each program area itemize which portions of their budget
> directly apply to the MDG$ Overall, the figure currently is about 17%. The
> 0.7% was over and above what program areas are contributing.

Following the example of Executive Council, should I reduce from my personal
commitment of .7% to MDGs the amount that I am already contributing?  For
example,

* May I in good faith credit the cost of taking African Christians out to
dinner?

* Do I have to restore those amounts when African friends take me out to
dinner?

* Should I credit to my .7% obligation the value of any data services I
donate?

* .. even the cost to Rutgers for my data service entitlements as an
emeritus faculty member?

With a little of such inventiveness, I can soon document that MDGs OWE ME,
and with a clear conscience I would certainly never have to donate another
dime to them.

I reject Executive Council's model as a School for Stinginess.  God loves a
cheerful giver.

Louie

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, E. Orange, NJ 07018 973-395-1068