rambling reflections on Presbyterians

Good to be in touch.  Enjoy your sojourn working with the Presbyterians.

I went to a prep school founded by Presbyterians (McCallie in Chattanooga).
I hope the Communion does not force the proposed covenant into the status of
a 'confessional statement.'

When I am listening to great music on NPR, I assume it's most likely the
Presbyterians who break into it by telling me what the composer ate during
the week of composing it.

Sorry if that's unkind.  I respect Presbyterians.  I have never met a dumb
one.  Old Pres just down the street from my parish (Grace in Newark, NJ) is
one of the oldest congregations in the United States, and to this day there
seem more buildings of Presbyterians in the northern part of the state than
those of any other denomination.

Funders of Old Pres (a.k.a. First Presbyterian) were the founders of
New-Ark. I have long wanted to perform Jonathan Edwards' "Sinners in the
Hands of an Angry God" from that pulpit.

I went to a superb series on various denominations that the local
Presbyterians held over several weeks, and when the very bright pastor came
to Anglican theology, he said, "In all honesty, I think even they can figure
out their theology, but it does not seem to bother them, because it is all
'a mystery.'

I prefer Anglican mystery.

I ramble.  Sorry

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, E. Orange, NJ 07018 973-395-1068