++Peter J. Akinola and resolutions at GC

  • Subject: ++Peter J. Akinola and resolutions at GC
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:29:12 -0400

To: HoB/D
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:41 PM
Subject: ++Peter and resolutions at GC

Of course we need to counterstate ++Peter's messages of hate and
violence.  However, we should respond to him in love, not in
I promise to give ++Peter a great big hug and a kiss of peace if he
will show up at Anaheim.  Those with easier access to him might
routinely invite him to dine with lgbt Christians.
St. Peter has scheduled several thousand years for ++Peter and me to
be in joyful conversation with each other in heaven, and I am all for
beginning those conversation right now.
If lgbt people lived down to ++Peter's expectations of us, I would be
opposed to lgbts too.  He lives in almost complete isolation from
The best response to ignorance and isolation is the truth lovingly
and patiently spoken.    Even if some have terminal earwax, others
are eavesdropping on our conversations, and they will know that we
are Christians by how much we love those who abuse us, who say all
manner of evil against us falsely.
I did not set up those terms, but I will not betray Christianity to
accommodate the limits of my patience.   Seventy times seven is not
490; it is an infinite and immeasurable number.  It's the number God
uses when forgiving me my sins.
The feast is not ++Peter's or mine to control:  Jesus issues the
invitation;  Jesus paid the bill.
Lutibelle/Louie, L1 Newark
Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018
http://queereye4lectionary.blogspot.com/  Queer Eye for the