A Litany for Healing Homophobia

The Rev. Joseph A Harmon (rector of the Church of the Incarnation in Jersey
City) has written a fine "Litany for Healing Homophobia," now in the DO
JUSTICE series at
http://rci.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/dojustice/dojustice.html.

I am grateful for Father Harmon's permission to share the litany with you,
and his generosity in granting permission to all for liturgical use with
attribution.

We used the litany when I preached at Incarnation on Sunday, and I admit to
being shocked that a parish can be this honest and this vulnerable.  "What
more can he say to you than to you He has said -- to you who to Jesus for
refuge have fled?!"

Many at Church of the Incarnation are far more vulnerable than I, in my
unmerited privileges of race and gender. Their empathy is inexplicable
except by their faith.

Louie, L1 Newark

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018
973-395-1068
http://queereye4lectionary.blogspot.com/ Queer Eye for the Lectionary