Re: Communion Partners

The internet is flooded with many views, most of them dire, about the
Communion Partners (CP) development.

I am not nervous about it.   They are organizing as any other group
in TEC has the right to do:  that's part of our democratic polity.

Obviously they would have worded themselves differently if they knew
someone would leak their correspondence to the World Wide Web, but
everyone who writes well write clearly for a specific intended
audience.

If we assume bad motives to CP, we can look for hidden meanings and
much nuance, but what a waste of holy time.     I think their point
of view is wrong-headed and disruptive, but I don't want to diminish
my ministry by taking the time to parse every phrase for its possible
offense to me.

The amazing thing to me was how few active diocesan bishops have
signed on.   And this is just one more of myriads of groups with
similar purposes, each trying to reverse the course of TEC at the
moment.

If you must be concerned about any one of them, take her or him to
lunch and listen when you ask the person to tell you who Jesus is in
her of his life.  Witness to who Jesus is in yours.   Jesus won't be
just an idea or a political platform or a point of view then.  He'll
actually eat fish, especially if you go for breakfast.

Joy!
http://queereye4lectionary.blogspot.com/  Queer Eye for the Lectionary