Enemies

XXXX, One of the major biblical experiences I have daily is the
psalms, and I would butcher them if I had to white-out every
reference to my "enemies."

Do you scorn people whom you think of when you say the many psalms
that have you in the first person refer to "enemies"?    I hope
not.   Jesus told us to love our enemies, not to deny them when we
have them.  He told us to do good to those who revile us and speak
falsely about us.

You are indeed lucky if you have no such persons in your life.

I am indeed lucky that I cannot assume superiority to the enemies in
my life, for I pray that in judging me God will use the the same
standards that I use in judging them.

How marvelous that we are all stuck with one another, not only here
but in the hereafter.   We best occupy ourselves by loving one
another.

Louie, L1 Newark
Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018
973-395-1068
http://queereye4lectionary.blogspot.com/  Queer Eye for the
Lectionary