A secret committee is studying you!

> The report of the Theology Committee of the House of Bishops (p.51)
> states they have been asked by the HOB to undertake a theological
> study of same-sex relationships in the life of the church. It further
> states that "a diverse and balanced panel of theologians has been
> appointed by the Committee and is presently beginning this work."

Miguel in the Office of the Presiding Bishop explained to me that it is
the decision of the House of Bishops Theology Committee not to reveal the
names of those on the sub-committee at this time.

I find that decision an abomination. LGBT in life commitments face huge
hostility in this church, and yet those who "study" us need to be secret?!

Perhaps we should also appoint a special committee to study heterosexual
marriage but keep the names of the committee a secret.

I grew up in Alabama with such shenanigans about every aspect of my life
as a gay person, and whenever our judges met in secret, no lgbt person was
safe. Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose

Lutibelle of the Alabama Belles/Louie, L1 Newark
http://queereye4lectionary.blogspot.com/ Queer Eye for the Lectionary