Respecting the Dignity of Every LGBT Person

  • Subject: Respecting the Dignity of Every LGBT Person
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:31:38 -0400 (EDT)

                     An Open Appeal to the House of Bishops

Please end the extraordinary insult of lbgt Christians being done in
your name by the Theology Committtee of the House of Bishops.
See their creation of a panel reported on page 51 of the BLUE BOOK 2009.
Many have asked Bishop Parsley to identify the members of the panel, but he
he has steadfastly refused.

You would not want a secret panel studying your relationships, nor should
you countenance one studying ours.

The secret star panel is, of course, a smokescreen. The real agenda is to
persuade GC in Anaheim not to pass any resolutions on same-sex unions at
least until this secret study is made public in 2011.

Susan Russell and Katie Sherrod document how TEC has been using 'study' as a
stalling tactic for years. See http://tinyurl.com/p8m2v4.

Perhaps I should picket Bishop Parsley's office. At 72, I have much less
risk of rape in a Birmingham jail than I do at General Convention.

Lgbt Christians have been baptized. Our committed relationships are holy.
End this insult.

                                    -- Louie