consents for Bishop-Elect Forrester

I am furious that consents have not come through for Bishop-Elect Forrester.
Many have used his election as a diving board to jump into their own issues
and have lost sight of the fact that they know little about him or about the
diocese that elected him.

I wish that he had hired a good public relations person to help him through
the shoals of the early inquiries.  Of course he got more savvy with more
experience, but many either did not listen or discounted his explanations as

Forrester has fallen prey to the excessive litigiousness of our time.    The
church will continue to pay a huge penalty for  this bad state of affairs in
a full range of issues unrelated to the ones that have exercised some
regarding Forrester.  A friend shared with me over dinner recently that he
was very glad no one looked closely at some of the models he uses for prayer
when he was nominated and quizzed.  Most seemed quite happy that he
obviously has a substantial prayer life, rather than use prayer as a kind
brief flash of a plastic id card to get one into the building for a work

I still hold out hope that at General Convention the bishops and deputies
alike (since many deputies are also on Standing Committees) will take
advantage of the opportunity to hear from the Bishop-Elect.  The joint
committee on consents might consider this election outside of its purview,
since the deadline for consents falls after GC, but surely someone can find
a way to break through silly rules to give him a fairer shake -- and to give
the Diocese of Upper Michigan a fairer shake!