A sexual ethic for TEC

  • Subject: A sexual ethic for TEC
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:58:42 -0400
  • Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 3:56 PM

Bishop *********,

You have apparently not been reading any of the many materials about
sexual ethics published and promoted by Claiming the
Blessing, Integrity and other lgbt voices.

In no way does Integrity, suggest that "If it feels good, it is
good."  That is absolutely silly.

Do you get your notions of lgbt Christian sexuality from
pornography?  I don't understand your sexuality through the lens of
Shriners parades; why should you so belittle ours?

I am used to abuse from David Virtue, but frankly I expect you as a
bishop to have a much higher standard of discourse.

If you're interested in what TEC has said about monogamy in lbgt
relationships, see the text of   2000-D039 at
http://www.episcopalarchives.org/cgi-bin/acts/acts_resolution.pl?resolution=2000-D039.
Nothing you say goes nearly so far as that resolution, strongly
supported by lgbt deputies.

If you are interested in the lgbt Christian  points of view, see for a
starter Susan Russell's background paper "Where Do We Stand?  A
Background Paper on Gay & Lesbian Inclusion in the The Episcopal
Church at http://claimingtheblessing.org/wherewestand.html. It
includes the full text of C051 from GC 2003 -- another resolution
that goes much farther than what you have said. There are numerous
related documents at
http://claimingtheblessing.org/publications.html and  at Integrity's
Amazon Portal,
http://astore.amazon.com/wwwintegrityu-20/103-7507320-6302251

Yes, do join us in developing a sexual ethic for our church.  You
might begin by not bearing false witness against your lgbt neighbors.

http://queereye4lectionary.blogspot.com/  Queer Eye for the Lectionary