Re: [HoB/D] justice or evangelism - was Working my way through the Blue Book

*********, your welcome of lgbts is extraordinarily strained, yet
"the quality of mercy is not strained" (Portia to Shylock:  I
memorized it in my prep school in Chattanooga in 1953).

I challenge your claim that "we are all in the same boat."    Go two or
three states away from *********** to  a community that doesn't know you.
Visit a parish and tell folks at the coffee hour you are a gay man or a
transgendered born female.   Live as such for a week or two.  After that,
tell us about your experience of being in the same boat with us.  And even
then, you can always go back home to your hetero privileges.

You won't draw many people proclaiming, "Welcome to the Episcopal Church
where you can be junk like the rest of us."   That way of thinking has
driven away millions, and not just lgbts.

By contrast, Jesus says, "I have not called you slaves (or servants), but
friends."   As far as the east is from the west, so far has God put away our

Why are you intent to go to the ends of the earth to fetch sins to define

God's infinite love of us defines lgbts, and I hear almost none of that love
in what you have written.

God loves you just as much as God loves your lgbt neighbor.  Help us spread
that Good News!