Re: [HoB/D] Instruments of Communion

> Things change. Anglicanism is no exception. The recent crisis has revealed
> that Anglicanism is inherently unstable and needs a more explicit
> constitutional basis....

> The Covenant  will be the capstone of that process. ....
> It will be something stronger, more vibrant, more
> resilient, more able to speak words of life to a world in the grip of
> death.  It is a vision inspired by this week's collect: "Grant, O merciful
> God, that  your Church, being gathered together in unity by your Holy Spirit,
> may show  forth your power among all peoples...".

That would be a much better collect if changed to:  "Grant, O merciful God,
that your Church, being gathered together in unity by your Holy Spirit, may
show forth your love and mercy among all peoples..."

The Anglican Communion is in the current mess largely because the primates
have shown much more concern for power than for love and mercy.

Nothing in the structures of Anglicanism was inherently unstable until
primates started ordering around with an authority that the Communion had
never given to them.  You do not speak words of life to a world in the grip
of death by taking a small group of some of the most vulnerable in the world
and condemning even those who show compassion to them.

> From drive-by theological bullies, good Lord deliver us.

Louie, Newark deputation