Re: [HoB/D] health care for those who don't pay into the system

In 2001, the week after I retired and went off Rutgers' medical coverage,
I fell in a bank in Portugal while trying to access an ATM machine.    I
dislocated both shoulders and fractured one of them badly.

I had no concerns about what this would cost.  Although Portugal, is one
of the poorest countries in Europe, I knew that they would pay for the
physician, for my treatment, for the x-rays, for the ambulance..... After
several hours of good care, the hospital released me to my hotel, and on
the next morning, they called me at my hotel to find out how I was doing.

Why cannot the United States be civilized to those visiting us?

When I use a public swimming pool in the United States, I am not allotted
space in it based on my relative contributions to the tax base that built
and maintains the pool.   When I use public libraries, I may check out as
many books as anyone else with a library card, regardless of how much I
contributed to the tax base.    When I drive on a public highway,.......

Why does our country limit access to medical care to those who are wealthy
enough to pay for it?

Louie, Newark deputation