Re: General Convention Resolutions

> A new member of our Standing Committee quotes the PB and the PHoD
> as saying "nothing has changed by the resolutions at General Convention"

Yes, both the PB and the PoHD both have stressed that the actions of
GC do not themselves change B033.  Our actions in Anaheim do affirm that
we will live by our own canons as faithfully as possible.   Our own canons
guarantee ACCESS to all ordination processes without regard to
sexual orientation.

Obviously, some standing committees and bishops may want to continue the
moratoria of B033 and they are free to vote that way in good conscience (as
they were free to do before B033!)    The moratorium on lgbt bishops will be
over when the required consents are in for the next lgbt person in an
election.

The Diocese of Los Angeles has nominated a lesbian and a gay male in their
current election of two new bishops suffragan.  The Diocese of Minnesota has
nominated a lesbian in their current election of a diocesan.  Both of those
elections are set for this month, I believe.

The moratorium on rites will not end until GC votes to approve rites when
those are brought to convention for consideration.    In Anaheim we approved
a process by which drafts might be made for such rites, but we have not yet
committed to any one rite, nor to having new rites -- only to having
something more specific brought to us to inform our decisions.

We left Columbus cowered to outside authority that inhibited our own
processes.  We did so out of respect for the appeals made to us.

We left Anaheim respectful of those who disagree with us and confident of
our own processes to see us through.