[HoB/D] Lest Ye Be Judged

Want respite from the wrangling on HoBD?  I suggest you read LEST YE BE
JUDGED (iUniverse, Inc., 2007) by David C. Trimble.

In it the gay bishop consecrated in 2003 becomes Rt. Rev. Thomas Becker,
Bishop of Oregon.  The Presiding Bishop becomes Most Rev. Dr. George
Bryant, Becker's strong ally.   The murder victim is the disgusting Rt.
Rev. Dunstan Mitchell, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Central
Kentucky.  You'll join almost everyone else in being glad Mitchell is out of
the picture soon.

One of the major suspects is a circuit court judge and right-wing
curmudgeon who writes scurrilous threats regarding ECUSA on Midwest
Conservative Journal, Drell Descants, TitusOneNine, and StandFirm.  The
judge uses the moniker KingHenry2  (as in "Who will rid me of this
meddlesome priest?")

Most of the other main characters have secrets too.   Few smell like a
rose.

If LEST YOU BE JUDGED overdraws a few of your friends, it returns the
favor for some of your enemies.

Instead of railing at one another here on HoBD, read the book to consign
high dudgeon to the strong lawyers for the dramatic trial in Breckenridge,
Kentucky.   Periodically an anonymous person from 815 will call to
orchestrate major turns in the plot, right to the very end of the book.

In the introduction, Trimble speaks of his own bishop, Rt. Rev. Stacy
Sauls, Bishop of Lexington:  "I have had the honor and pleasure to work
with Bishop Sauls on several matters within the church, and am very glad
to report that he and my fictional creation, Bishop Dunstan Mitchell, have
little or nothing in common."

Trimble is a lawyer.  Fortunately he writes this novel with the clarity a
jury requires, not with the opacity of a legislator.  I delayed several
other chores to read it non-stop.   I enjoyed the fiction far more than
Trimble's own volatile site in conservative blogosphere,
http://stillonpatrol.typepad.com/.

Louie, Newark deputation