Re: Your eurocentric approach to sodomy failed to mention this

> http://www.buganda.com/martyrs.htm

Thanks for this link.  Yes, unquestionably the martyrs' story is an important
piece of the response to homosexuality in Uganda.

It is fascinating how each culture names its homosexuality as the fault of
another culture.   In France, it was called the malade Anglais; in England,
the French disease.  As noted here, in Buganda, the Arabs take the blame.

John McNeill notes that many pharaohs had on their footstools, "I have
penetrated the rectum of all my enemies."   They were not bragging about
being homosexual; nor did they think themselves such.  They were bragging
about their power to humiliate.  Small wonder that the Israelites set such
severe penalties in their laws.  Whew!

Homosexual rape is horrendous, as is heterosexual rape.   Rapists rarely are
driven by sexual desire; most are driven to overpower and dominate.   A
colleague of mine who was viciously raped in her office after evening
classes 18 years ago thinks she probably made it worse for herself by
talking to the rapist about his mother.  Every time he lost his erection, he
hit her more brutally, and the rape lasted longer than it might.  When he
was apprehended, several other women identified him as their rapist as well;
but the authorities would not test him for HIV infection, saying that would
violate his rights!  Evil generation!  (I believe that ridiculous law has
been changed.)

Human Rights workers are warning that hysteria over homosexuality could lead
to a blood bath in as many as 20 African countries.    Given the ease with
which anyone may be accused, it could become the accusation of choice for
many who want to get rid of persons they do not like.     The recent
genocide in Rwanda may look mild by comparison.

One of the greatest dangers of spreading hate and fear is that hate and fear
have movable targets.

> From all violence and degradation, Good Lord deliver us.

    We make his love too narrow
    By false limits of our own