Re: Made in....

It's important to remember that God is not made in our image but we
in God's, all of us.   The parable of the Good Samaritan (= The Good
Queer) is instructive for those who are not Samaritans.   The outcast
who treated well the straight in the ditch did so as God's agent,
knowingly or unknowingly.  Ubi caritas deus ibi est.    Jesus insists
that we live expecting to see God and to serve God  in those whom we
consider the least among us.  Those are his Judgment Day criteria.
In 1990 I was asked to speak at "Under One Roof" (a conference of
progressives -- meeting in St. Louis) on the topic of "The Biblical
Witness on Sexual Issues."  I focused on what the bible has to say to
me as a gay person, especially through John 3:16, Romans 8:28, 38-39,
Isaiah 55:1, 1 John 5:11-12....     No one voiced it outright, but
some felt that I had explained the passages meant for them, not the
six to eight Bible bullets meant for me.  They felt cheated.  But I
had not stolen their texts:   all those texts are meant for everyone
of us.  Most Christians do not want to put me to death as Leviticus
commands them.    We are all wise to choose texts that give life.
When Scripture makes competing claims on us, Jesus said that we
should weigh them as to how closely they reflect the first and second
At first your post seemed a strange one for me answer on Christmas
Eve.   It is not.   You and I both have seen his star in the East and
have come to worship him.
Love, Louie
Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018
http://queereye4lectionary.blogspot.com/  Queer Eye for the
     We make his love too narrow
     By false limits of our own
     And we magnify his strictness