Re: [HoB/D] Royally in Denial

I suppose a quean is 'royalty' of sorts, but I am not in denial.   I care
about numbers; sometimes I probably care too much about them.  I have been
reporting unwelcome statistics about the Episcopal Church for almost two
decades.  I continue to conclude that we can do much better.

I'm glad that Jesus did not freak out when his flock dwindled from 12 to 11.

I'm also glad that most search committees have better records than Jesus.
Nevertheless, it's probably not wise to blame all calls and elections on the
Holy Spirit.

It took three centuries and some rather questionable imperial "endorsements"
for church numbers to become statistically significant.  Obviously they were
infinitely significant the moment Andrew dropped his nets, and when each of
us answered the call to follow Jesus.

Lutibelle/Louie, L1 Newark

    We make his love too narrow
    By false limits of our own