Re: Has anyone here used TurboTax?

I have used TurboTax every year from 1996 onward.   It is splendid.   It
always reviews my past data to advise me while I work on a current return.

For that same time period, I have also used Turbo Tax to prepare Ernest's
returns.

Last year, The TurboTax form for NJ 2008 asked each whether he was in a
domestic partnership.  When we indicated we are, Turbo Tax suggested that we
might save money by filing a joint state return.   We agreed to have Turbo
Tax merge the information from our returns.   First it prepared a mock
federal joint return (which we're not allowed to file) and then used the
joint federal return to prepare a joint state return.

Filing jointly for the state, we received a $1,164 rebate.  Filing
separately,  Ernest was to owe the state money and I was to break even.

I was furious --   not because we received the $1,164 and certainly not
because Turbo Tax gave us excellent advice and did most of the complicated
calculations.  I was furious because I multiplied $1,164 times thirty-four
(the years we had been married at the end of 2008) and saw potentially how
much the state has stolen from us, not to mention how much the Federal
Government has stolen and continues to steal from us -- all in the name of
hetero-supremacy.

Meanwhile even criminals on death row, if they're straight, exercise the
right to pursue the happiness of marriage denied us.  (I am glad they have
that right.)

Sorry, I am distracted.

Yes, I do like Turbo Tax.

    We make his love too narrow