Re: [Mgdln] The Help

Be sure to see Katrina Brown's movie "Traces of the Trade" -- revelations of
her Rhode Island family who made millions from the slave trade, which the
movie traces.   She's a graduate of EDS.   This was shown at GC 2006.  In
one place the film proclaims that it reveals secrets from the 'deep north.'

Yesterday I finished listening to John Grisham read his FORD COUNTY, a
collection of short stories.   I had to stop my iPod several times to
Get a semblance of control over my emotions when he read the last
story, about a gay man who returns home from San Francisco to Clinton, MS,
to die of AIDS in 1989.   Not to be exposed to him, his family arranges for
a black woman who rents from them to take him in.

Grisham has not one sentimental drop of blood in his veins.   'ubi caritas'
took on whole new layers of meaning when I got to the end of the reading
and headed for our Maundy Thursday mass at Grace Church in Newark.

Won't Easter ever come?   The Triduum is wearing my nerves to a frazzle.   I
surely am glad sissies are expected to cry.