Re: [Mgdln] Glasspool redux

Dr. Kirk Hadaway at the Episcopal Church Center oversees the collection and
report parochial data.   Reliable data has been available for at least the
last 20 years.   I wish that the Standing Commission on Communications would
bring a resolution in its report in 2012 to call for this project to be
formalized.

It you want to do a pilot report on your own diocese, that it easy enough,
if you are prepared to spend a few days culling the data from the 2010
EPISCOPAL CHURCH ANNUAL (The Red Book) and designing effective ways to
report the findings.    I have reported on the parochial data for the
Diocese of Newark since 1997, correlating diocesan data with U.S. Census
data.  See http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/nwkparoc.html

The 2010 EPISCOPAL CHURCH ANNUAL is due out any day now.

The website http://www.theredbook.org/ offers a few helpful tools based on
that data.    Far more information could be, and should be assessable in
electronic format.

I expect to shut down all my Anglican pages early in 2011.   I have enjoyed
doing them.   Some people are already in conversation about taking on parts
of that project.   I would welcome a chance off list to expand those
conversations.