Re: [Mgdln] Spiritual but not religious

> What is your usual response with someone who says they are "spiritual but
> not religious?"

I have cometimes begun my reply:  "I tried that but it did not work for me.
Jesus ran into severe trouble with the religious of his day too."

I well understand why many are likely to say they are spiritual but not
religious, especially if they are lgbt.   They want access to spiritual
experience, but many have already been victimized by the religious,
especially when organized as Christians.   Yet this wonderful rabbi visited
us at our well!

Lutibelle/Louie

--
Strive for justice and peace among all people,
and respect the dignity of every human being.